welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Tuesday, January 3

The Simple Woman's Daybook {January Edition}

For Today

Looking out my window... a cold and raw rain is arriving.


I am thinking... about my word of the year

I am thankful... for those sweet little texts from my daughter on her work break, reminding me to use her ipod and where the charger is if I need it when I get on my mat.

One of my favorite things... those now and then material things that make you smile. 
(my son has great taste for his mommy and Vera no less)



I am wearing... brown leggings, long-sleeve dark jade tee and an open-front brown tunic

I am creating... ideas for some new fat quarters I bought before Christmas...I needed some blues.


I am watching... Gilmore Girls



I am reading... The 22-Day Revolution by Marco Borges


I am listening to... this one as I reflect on the man I married six children ago and our future together and how that will look, even through the trying times

(we had just met a few weeks earlier, he had just nipped my toe with his boot and was awkwardly trying to figure out why this girl was interested in this Amish-raised boy ~ June 1981)

I am hoping... to find a few more boxes of things I no longer need. The Minimalists have inspired me to take it up another notch...yes, even this dejunker extraordinaire!!

I am learning... new embroidery stitches and joining fun this challenge

In the kitchen... currently three sauteed meals that are my favorites; red cabbage with chick-peas, sliced brussel sprouts with roasted cannellini beans, sliced broccoli with grape tomatoes


Board Room


shared from my pinterest board  "i am wearing" since this is the year of the tunic and leggings for me (I noticed that my entire board is nearly just that!)

full credit to this pin given here

Shared Quote

(unknown)

A moment from my day...

(not sure if Maggie thinks she is a part of the track or a train car)

Post Script

The February Simple Woman's Daybook edition will be posted by February 6th


If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create your own, HERE is the link to the format,  guidelines and complete list of prompts.
~*~*~*~

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

22 comments:

  1. I feel like the last person on Earth who hasn't watched Gilmore Girls. It's on my list for 2017! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This latest edition has taken me awhile. My son got me a new gadget for my tv which allows me to now stream Netflix. Same to you!

      Delete
  2. I love the blues in the quarters you bought, but now I'm wondering what you're planning to sew? And your kitty looks so comfy beside the train track! It's been gray and cloudy here too, but yesterday we enjoyed the sunshine. Have a blessed day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working on mug mats or as I like to call them, Landing Pads. Trying to work up enough to open up a tiny shop. You too!

      Delete
  3. I love that quote about the kind of friends we women should be. I am one who hates confrontation and have tended to avoid it at all costs but recently had an experience where I had to tell a friend she had hurt me deeply. It wasn't fun, but we came out the other side stronger friends, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. Having been deeply hurt at a time in my life by a "friend", I realize not to trust so quickly now. I am glad it worked out for you, Stacy.

      Delete
  4. LOVE your blog's new look; the photos are so appealing and colorful...the cat looks comfy whether part of the track or the train! Love that quote also...good to be joining with SWD again; and hoping to continue each week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara. Still hanging on to the daybook and trying to keep my own up and going. Always glad to see you link up!

      Delete
  5. I love the kitty curled up by the train set~so cute!!! I enjoyed reading your post and am hoping to join in more often this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Charlotte! We would love to have you join us.

      Delete
  6. Peggy - I love seeing you back here writing and sharing!! I have missed you and I almost missed you back here... So thankful that you update on Facebook so I am reminded to go and visit you here.

    Thank you my friend!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice to hear, Pat! I wonder sometimes if it is worth the posting. I appreciate you saying so.

      Delete
  7. After many months away and a new computer I am back to the daybook and it felt so nice. I could not stop until I had visited everyones before me posted. I t was like visiting an old friend especially you Peggy, I am so blessed to have found you and your little spot in our bloggy world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, glad you have a new computer. Yeah! Aw, I appreciate the kind words from you ladies. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. So happy to see the Simple Woman's Daybook is still around! I wrote monthly entries a couple (few?) years ago and then took a break. Am looking forward to taking some time to reflect on the questions you post. Thank you for hosting. It's nice to see what others are doing around the United States and world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, going on 10 years soon. Hope you can join us once again.

      Delete
  9. I love the quote you shared!!! It is to live by! Oh and love that cute purse too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Antonia! I am looking to be using it come April :-)

      Delete
  10. Tempted to look into what is going on in your kitchen! You had me at Brussels sprouts! Not a TV gal...but I did enjoy reading all the day book posts before mine! Thanks for hosting! I found several homeschooling moms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great...glad you are enjoying the posts and finding friends!

      Delete
  11. You're doing great woman. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete